Monday, September 05, 2005

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I stayed home for the holiday. Every evening I sat on the patio, listening to the fountain and the birds. So peaceful and relaxing. I watched the movie The Notebook yesterday. It's the one where the husband reads his wife a story, the story of their life together, hoping she will remember. She has dementia and has no memroy of him or her family. What a love story. I am lucky, I am loved by someone so completely it feels as though our very souls are connected. I wish everyone could know this feeling of being loved. The woman in the story had written the story herself, in case there came a time she lost her memory. I thought how important this simple journal was to those she cared about so much. I think it is like the journaling we do in our scrapbooks. The simple telling of our everyday life is what makes us who we are, the everyday moments that will be remembered. Pass a part of yourself on to those who will follow. Journal what you feel!

No comments: